Pitmaster Baby Back Ribs
Got leftovers? Use the meat on tacos with your favorite queso for tomorrows dinner.
- 2 slabs of Baby Back Ribs
- Savvy Goose Pitmaster Rub
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- Your favorite BBQ Sauce
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Send us your recipes
for consideration and a chance to win one of our monthly Best Recipe prizes: a free shaker of your choice!Submit Recipe
- Remove the membranes from the back-side of the slab of ribs, and preheat your oven to 225 degrees.
- Season both sides of your ribs generously with Savvy Goose Pitmaster Rub. Place ribs into a roasting pan (meat side up), and slice up your butter into 6-8 smaller pieces. Place these pieces of butter on top of your ribs.
- Bake for three and a half hours at 225 degrees, covered loosely with tin foil.
- Remove the ribs from the oven and finish the ribs on your grill at approximately 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 200 degrees. At this time you will brush your barbecue sauce onto the ribs. Be sure to leave some barbecue sauce left over to add onto the ribs after cooking!
Savvy Note: Use your leftovers for tacos tomorrow night! You could even add these as a nacho dish topper.