Smashed Roasted Garlic Pepper Potato Cakes
These potatoes are a perfect way to mix up your starch dish! This recipe doesn’t take much time and is perfect for two people. Easy to have for both breakfast or dinner.
- 4 red skin potatoes medium sized quartered
- ½ cup onions, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 teaspoons Savvy Goose Roasted Garlic Pepper Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Chives (optional)
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 6-8 minutes
Send us your recipes
for consideration and a chance to win one of our monthly Best Recipe prizes: a free shaker of your choice!Submit Recipe
- Wash red skin potatoes and cut into quarters
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add potatoes, and cook until fork tender. Once tender drain hot water. With a large spoon smash the potatoes and let cool.
- Using a small sauté pan add 1 tablespoon of butter and melt. Add onions to the pan and cook until tender.
- In a mixing bowl add the potatoes, onions, and seasoning, mix gently.
- When mixed well form the potatoes into a 1-inch thick cake.
- Turn the stovetop on to medium heat. In a sauté pan, add 2 tablespoons of butter and melt. Add the potato cakes and let them brown on both sides. Each side will take about 6 to 8 minutes depending how brown you prefer the cakes. Serve warm, topped with sour cream and chives.
Savvy note: Looking for some buffalo heat? Pour some hot sauce over the top of the potato cakes and finish with a ranch drizzle.