Cajun Fried Chicken Sandwich
Our go at your traditional fried chicken sandwich with a punch of a Cajun Voodoo heat. Add the Cajun pimento cheese to kick it up another notch!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons Savvy Goose Cajun Voodoo for the marinade
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons Savvy Goose Cajun Voodoo for the flour mixture
- Canola oil for frying
- 4 brioche buns toasted
- Dill pickles
- Savvy Goose Voodoo Style Pimento Cheese
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Send us your recipes
for consideration and a chance to win one of our monthly Best Recipe prizes: a free shaker of your choice!Submit Recipe
- Add chicken, buttermilk, and 3 tablespoons of Savvy Goose Cajun Voodoo to a large resealable bag or container and refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Heat 1 ½ inches of canola oil in a dutch oven or large pot to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and 3 tablespoons of Cajun Voodoo and mix until combined. Remove the chicken from the buttermilk marinade and dip each piece in the flour mixture until well coated.
- Fry two pieces of chicken at a time until golden brown and cook through, about 4 minutes per side. Rest the cooked chicken on cooling rack to cool.
- Assemble sandwiches by adding pickles, fried chicken and Savvy Goose Voodoo Style Pimento Cheese, and the top bun.
Savvy note: While pan frying the chicken, be sure not to overcrowd the chicken in the pan. You may only be able to fit one or two at a time. Quickly turn this into a buffalo chicken sandwich by simply tossing the fried chicken in some buffalo sauce.