Char-Grilled Shrimp with West Indies Peanut Sauce
Grilled Shrimp with Savvy Goose Smoked Grilling Seasoning (Serves 4)
West Indies Peanut Sauce (Makes 1 ½ Cups)
SHRIMP INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
24 Shrimp, Peeled & Deveined, Tail On
1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
To Taste Sea Salt
1 Head Butter Lettuce
1 Lime, Quartered
SAUCE INGREDIENTS (Makes 1 1/2 Cups)
1/3 Cup Peanut Butter (SMOOTH) (Room Temperature)
1/3 Cup Water (Room Temperature or Warm)
1/3 Cup Soy Sauce
1/3 Cup Sesame Oil
2 TBSP Vegetable Oil
2 tsp Hoisin Sauce
1 TBSP Brown Sugar
Send us your recipes
for consideration and a chance to win one of our monthly Best Recipe prizes: a free shaker of your choice!Submit Recipe
FOR THE SHRIMP
- Pat shrimp dry and place in a mixing bowl with the vegetable oil and Savvy Goose Smoked Grilling Seasoning.
- Toss and allow to marinate 1 hour.
- On a medium-high char-grill or grooved griddle, lay shrimp side down, and slightly spaced apart. Cook approximately 1 ½ minutes on each side, then remove for service.
- Separate Butter Lettuce and create 4 nested cups.
- Divide the shrimp into 4 equal amounts an arrange in the middle of the cup. Place a ¼ lime wedge on each portion of shrimp and serve with a ¼ cup of the West Indies Peanut Sauce
- This dish is also excellent as a cold appetizer.
FOR THE SAUCE
- Whisk together peanut butter and water until smooth.
- Add all remaining ingredients and whisk well smooth.
NOTE: This recipe can be successfully made by placing ALL ingredients in a food processor or blender and blending until smooth.