Char-Grilled Shrimp with West Indies Peanut Sauce
This recipe is delicious both HOT and COLD either as an appetizer or main dish. In addition, the peanut sauce can be successfully made by placing all ingredients in a food processor or blend and blended until smooth.
- 24 Shrimp, peeled & deveined, tails on
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 TBSP Savvy Goose Smoked Grilling Seasoning
- To taste Sea Salt
- 1 Head Butter Lettuce
- 1 Lime, Quartered
SAUCE (Makes 1 1/2 Cups)
- 1/3 cup Peanut Butter (smooth, room temperature)
- 1/3 cup Water (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/3 cup Sesame Oil
- 2 TBSP Vegetable Oil
- 2 TSP Hoisin Sauce
- 1 TBSP Brown Sugar
- 2 TSP Savvy Goose Cajun Voodoo Seasoning
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Send us your recipes
for consideration and a chance to win one of our monthly Best Recipe prizes: a free shaker of your choice!Submit Recipe
FOR THE SHRIMP
- Pat shrimp dry and place in a mixing bowl with the vegetable oil and Savvy Goose Smoked Grilling Seasoning.
- Toss and allow to marinate 1 hour.
- On a medium-high char-grill or grooved griddle, lay shrimp side down, and slightly spaced apart. Cook approximately 1 ½ minutes on each side, then remove for service.
- Separate Butter Lettuce and create 4 nested cups.
- Divide the shrimp into 4 equal amounts an arrange in the middle of the cup. Place a ¼ lime wedge on each portion of shrimp and serve with a ¼ cup of the West Indies Peanut Sauce
FOR THE SAUCE
- Whisk together peanut butter and water until smooth.
- Add all remaining ingredients and whisk well smooth.
Savvy Note: While it is is possible to make the sauce with chunky peanut butter, using the smooth style will result in a creamier and more emulsified sauce.