The ultimate comfort food and perfect for every occasion or holiday. Try out classic lasagna recipe.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1-pound ground beef
- 2 -28 oz jar tomato sauce with basil
- 3 tablespoons Savvy Goose Garlic & Herb
- 2 tablespoons Savvy Goose Mediterranean Spiced Sea Salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pack lasagna noodles
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella sliced
- 3 cups mozzarella shredded
- 1 cup parmesan grated
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Send us your recipes
for consideration and a chance to win one of our monthly Best Recipe prizes: a free shaker of your choice!Submit Recipe
- In a large skillet over medium heat add olive oil, once warm add onions and sauté until tender. Once onions are translucent add the ground beef. Cook and crumble until brown and cooked through. Add the tomato sauce and seasonings, simmering on low heat for about 10 minutes. Let cool, add the egg, and mix well.
- In a large pot bring water to a boil. Add the lasagna noodles and cook according to package directions; drain.
- In a medium bowl add the parmesan and shredded mozzarella together.
- Preheat oven to 375F and coat a 9×13 pan with olive oil.
To assemble to lasagna, start by spreading 1 cup of meat sauce on the bottom of the pan. Arrange the lasagna noodles in a single layer over the meat sauce. Spread ½ cup of cheese on top of the noodles and four pieces of sliced fresh mozzarella. Repeat the steps one to two more times. Adding remaining cheese on the top. Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes until heated through and the top is bubbling. Let lasagna cool for 10 minutes and serve.
Savvy Note: To avoid watery lasagna, make sure your noodles are drained properly before layering. Once they are cooked and drained, do not rinse with water. Immediately in a single layer on a lightly oiled tray. Not rinsing the noodles with allow the sauce to stick to the starchy noodles easier.