Habanero Bacon Jam
If you have never tried bacon jam before, your life is about to change. Spread it on toast, grilled cheese or even your next burger!
- 2 large onions
- 1 tablespoon Savvy Goose Habanero Hot Lips
- 2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
- 3 oz. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 lb. bacon
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Send us your recipes
for consideration and a chance to win one of our monthly Best Recipe prizes: a free shaker of your choice!Submit Recipe
- Cut each onion in half, and then thinly slice each half into half moons.
- Place a large saucepan over medium heat, and cook bacon until golden brown. Set aside when complete.
- Add the onions to bacon grease, and caramelize until softened. Meanwhile, dice bacon into small pieces.
- Add all remaining ingredients back into saucepan and simmer for 5-7 minutes, or until moisture is absorbed.
Savvy Note: Once complete, add all ingredients into a food processor and puree until smooth. Chill for at least 2 hours and serve.