Habanero Hot Lips Yam
This recipe can be a staple no matter what season you are in. Use as a tasty summer bbq pairing or as your favorite Thanksgiving side dish.
- 3 yams, cut into wedges
- Coarse salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Savvy Goose Habanero Hot Lips
- 4 tablespoons of your favorite local honey
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Send us your recipes
for consideration and a chance to win one of our monthly Best Recipe prizes: a free shaker of your choice!Submit Recipe
- Set your oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut your yams into wedges, with the skin on.
- In a pan, coat yams with oil, toss, and season with salt
- Cover the pan and place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and uncover. Place butter and Savvy Goose Habanero Hot Lips seasoning into the pan and toss to coat the wedges.
- Put back into the oven uncovered for 25 minutes. Meanwhile combine honey and hot sauce.
- Again, remove from oven and add in apple cider vinegar.
- Drizzle honey mixture over potatoes and serve as side dish.
Savvy Note: Try this recipe with red skin or russet potatoes. Want just a bit less heat? Feel free to try this with our Memphis Dust!