Hot Potato Salad
Hot potato salad has many flavors- sweet, sour, and salty. But it is super easy to make! Enjoy our version on a hot potato salad.
- 5 slice bacon (diced and cooked until crisp)
- Savvy Goose Joyful Chicken
- 1 ½ tablespoon of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 4 cups sliced potatoes
- Green onions
- Sour cream
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
Send us your recipes
for consideration and a chance to win one of our monthly Best Recipe prizes: a free shaker of your choice!Submit Recipe
- Gather all ingredients
- Boil already sliced potatoes until they are cooked thoroughly. Set aside to cool, and sprinkle Savvy Goose Joyful Chicken over the top of the boiled potatoes.
- Cook the bacon, make sure to keep the drippings. Set bacon aside to cool.
- In the bacon drippings, mix in flour, sugar, salt, and mustard. Stir well.
- Gradually add vinegar and water, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Continue cooking over low heat and stir until thickened.
- Add potatoes and heat thoroughly, gently stirring until mixed well.
- When potatoes are warmed, sprinkle in joyful chicken, green onion, and reserved bacon. Add a dollop of sour cream to the center of the dish and serve warm.
Savvy note: Add your favorite cheese to the recipe! This can be done with step 7 of the above instructions, or it can be added as a final topper with the bacon, green onions, and sour cream.