Joyful Chicken Pizza
Forget delivery! Serve this homemade chicken pizza instead. Pick your favorite toppings and make it exactly how you would like.
- Pizza dough
- ¾ cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella sauce
- ½ red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup smoked gouda
- ½ cup hot banana peppers
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 2 tablespoons Savvy Goose Joyful Chicken
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Olive oil
Prep Time: 4 hours (for marinating)
Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
Send us your recipes
for consideration and a chance to win one of our monthly Best Recipe prizes: a free shaker of your choice!Submit Recipe
- In a large resealable bag add chicken breast, Joyful Chicken, minced garlic, and olive oil. Let marinade for 4 hours or up to overnight
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Using your hands, a rolling pin, enough flour to prevent sticking, stretch dough into two thin circles, 10’’-12’’ in diameter.
- Spread each with a thin layer of pizza sauce, allowing about an inch space on the edges. Divide cheese mixture evenly between the two pieces. Add onions, banana peppers and shredded chicken. Place pizza dough into an oiled cast iron pan. The pizza is done when the crust is golden, and the cheese is fully melted.
Savvy Note: You may butter the crust and sprinkle with garlic salt or our Savvy Goose Everything Topper. Add crushed red pepper for some heat!