Overnight Breakfast Casserole
Looking for the perfect make-ahead casserole? Super versatile, you can make this egg casserole your own by changing up the veggies or adding different meats to it.
- 8 cups brioche bread cubes
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casing removed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 9 eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoons Savvy Goose Mediterranean Spiced Sea Salt
- 2 cups Gruyere cheese
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Send us your recipes
for consideration and a chance to win one of our monthly Best Recipe prizes: a free shaker of your choice!Submit Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and butter a baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside.
- Place cubed bread on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in the oven for 10-12 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In a medium skillet add the sausage, and brown over medium heat about 10 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet add 2 tablespoons butter, onion, and red pepper and sauté over medium heat until the onions are translucent, about 8-10 minutes. Add the garlic and Savvy Goose Mediterranean Spiced Sea Salt. Stir to combine and remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs, milk, cheese, and green onions until well combined. Stir in bread cubes, sausage, and onion mixture. Pour into prepared baking dish. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- When you are ready to complete this dish, preheat oven to 400 degrees, and bake uncovered 50-60 minutes.
Savvy Note: Add our Savvy Goose Everything Topper to the cubed bread before baking.