Roasted Garlic Pepper Seasoning Cornbread
A simple style cornbread with a savory flavor that we would happily serve along side a bowl of chili.
- Dry cornbread mix of your choice
- All ingredients listed on cornbread instructions
- 1 tablespoon Savvy Goose Roasted Garlic Pepper Seasoning, plus some additional seasoning for dusting at the end.
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- Optional: Honey
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Send us your recipes
for consideration and a chance to win one of our monthly Best Recipe prizes: a free shaker of your choice!Submit Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Follow instructions on the back of the cornbread mix that you choose. Once mixture is complete, add 1 tablespoon of Savvy Goose Roasted Garlic Pepper Seasoning, and mix until well blended.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes (cooking time will vary depending on oven and mixture chosen). You can test the cornbread by sticking a toothpick in the center of the cornbread. If you are still seeing wet mixture on the toothpick, it will need a bit more time.
- When cooking is complete, heat butter and brush or drizzle the butter over the top of the cornbread. Dust the cornbread with some Roasted Garlic Pepper Seasoning to finish.
- Optional: You may also spread honey over the top of the cornbread.
- Cut and serve!
Savvy note: Add some diced jalapenos and cheddar to the mix to spice up the cornbread!