Savvy Goose Candied Bacon
This candied bacon recipe features crispy, caramelized strips of bacon with hints of heat and is perfect for your next breakfast or brunch menu. It’s insanely delicious!
- 1 lb. thick cut bacon
- ½ cup of Maple Syrup or a Honey of your choice
- Savvy Goose Pitmaster Rub (apply generously to your liking)
- Baking sheet with rack
Prep Time: 3 hours – overnight
Cook Time: 1 hour
Send us your recipes
for consideration and a chance to win one of our monthly Best Recipe prizes: a free shaker of your choice!Submit Recipe
- Lay the bacon in a deep dish and pour Maple Syrup or your choice of Honey over the top of bacon. Let sit for 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat your oven, smoker, or grill to 225 degrees. If you aren’t able to secure such a low and consistent temperature in the grill, that’s OK. Just keep an eye out for the bacon to be finished a bit sooner.
- Using the racks on top of the baking sheets (it is also a good idea to line your baking sheet with tin foil for easier clean up), remove bacon from marinade and lay flat across the racks. Season each side of the bacon generously with Savvy Goose Pitmaster Rub.
- Place bacon into oven, smoker, or grill and monitor progress every 15 minutes. Once you feel the bacon is approximately half way cooked, flip each slice of bacon and cook to finish.
- Allow to cool on a rack before serving.
Savvy Note: Add the candied bacon as a topping on our Prime Cut Burger recipe!