Savvy Goose Cornbread
The prefect bread to serve along side your favorite hearty soup, stew, or chili! This fluffy, moist cornbread is easy to make in under 35 minutes. It’s great topped with plain butter, honey butter or can also be topped with jams or jellies!
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1.19# Savvy Goose Cornbread Mix
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 28-30 minutes
Send us your recipes
for consideration and a chance to win one of our monthly Best Recipe prizes: a free shaker of your choice!Submit Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add into mixing bowl eggs, buttermilk, heavy cream, and vegetable oil. Mix until well blended.
- Add cornbread mix into the liquid, stir until smooth and well blended.
- Pour batter into well-greased 9-inch square pan or muffin tins.
- Bake 28 to 30 minutes. Let stand 5 to 7 minutes before removing from the pan.
If you are not using cast iron, grease your pan with nonstick cooking spray and do not preheat the pan.
Cornbread doesn’t have to be plain. Add in shredded cheese, candied or pickled jalapenos, bacon, or even some fresh herbs and garlic!