Simple Roasted Chickpeas
Roasted chickpeas are one of my favorite snacks to munch on… they are crunchy, salty, or sweet depending on your favorite flavor combinations and are loaded with nutrients like protein and fiber. They are a great alternative to chips. And are perfect for gluten free and grain free people!
- 2 (15 oz.) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained well
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Savvy Goose Habanero Hot Lips
- Salt & pepper to taste
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Send us your recipes
for consideration and a chance to win one of our monthly Best Recipe prizes: a free shaker of your choice!Submit Recipe
- Line a large baking sheet with paper towels and drain the chickpeas for a minimum of 30 minutes to completely dry them.
- Place a rimmed baking sheet in the oven and turn it on to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, add the dried chickpeas, olive oil, salt and pepper (not the spice blend yet). Stir to combine. Remove the hot baking dish from the oven and add the chickpeas in a single layer. Shake them around a bit and place in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove and shake or stir. Place back in the oven for another 30 minutes. Remove and shake or stir the chickpeas. At this point they should start to become dry. Test one carefully. If they are crunchy, remove and allow them to cool. If they need more time, reduce to 10–15-minute increments of testing for crunchy chickpeas.
- Sprinkle lightly with olive oil and add the Savvy Goose Habanero Hot Lips blend. Stir or toss to coat. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
Savvy Note: Besides eating these chickpeas as a snack, you can toss them with a salad or sprinkle them over soup in place of croutons.