These are fluffy and buttery! One of the easiest ways to prepare homemade soft pretzels! Use your favorite dipping sauce to add that extra kick!
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (100-115 degrees)
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg
- 6 ½-7 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 4 tablespoons Savvy Goose Everything Topper
Prep Time: 20 minutes plus time to rise
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Send us your recipes
for consideration and a chance to win one of our monthly Best Recipe prizes: a free shaker of your choice!Submit Recipe
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, butter, salt, eggs and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and refrigerate for 2-24 hours
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Cut each into 16 pieces. Roll each piece into a 20 inch rope. Shape into a pretzel.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Beat yolk and cold water; brush over pretzel. Sprinkle Savvy Goose Everything Topper. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 25 minutes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Savvy Note: You can shape these into sticks, bites or into your traditional pretzel.