Spinach and Artichoke Mac and Cheese
Mac & Cheese is everyone’s favorite comfort food! Here is a creamy recipe that is better than your standard mac. I can guarantee this will become one of your dinner favorites.
- 1 lb. pasta shells
- 5 tbsp. of unsalted butter, and some additional for greasing
- 4 tbsp of minced garlic
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 cups of milk (preferably whole or 2 percent)
- 2 – 8 ounce blocks of cream cheese cut into cubes
- 3 cups of shredded mozzarella
- 1 ½ cups of freshly grated parmesan
- 1 – 5 oz. package of chopped spinach
- 2 – 15 oz. cans of artichoke hearts (drained and chopped)
- 1 cup of panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup of Savvy Goose Garlic Herb
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Send us your recipes
for consideration and a chance to win one of our monthly Best Recipe prizes: a free shaker of your choice!Submit Recipe
- In a large pot, add water and salt, bring to a boil and cook pasta thoroughly. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and butter a 9X13 baking dish (or a larger sized cast iron if you choose).
- In a large saucepan over medium/high heat, melt 3 tbsp. of butter and add garlic. Cook approximately 1 minute. Add flour and cook while stirring an additional minute. Pour milk and whisk until ingredients are combined. Season with salt and pepper. Let simmer until thickened for 2 minutes. Stir in cream cheese cubes and cook until melted.
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in mozzarella and 1 cup of parmesan. Whisk until melted and smooth. Add in chopped spinach, artichoke, and cooked pasta (you may need a larger sized mixing bowl for this step). Transfer mixed product to the greased baking dish or cast iron.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the remaining ½ cup of parmesan with panko, Garlic and Herb, and 2 tbsp of melted butter. Sprinkle this mixture over the top of your mac.
- Bake until golden, approximately 30 minutes. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.